Well we have survived the weekend!!! On Saturday we went driving around to see the damage from Hurricane Ike. Here are some of the pictures we took.
The priest at our church evecuated and cancelled mass for this weekend so on Sunday we went downtown to church. Downtown was hit pretty hard also. Here are some of those pictures.
Since we were so close to both of our offices we decided to go by just to see what kind of damage was done there. At Mike's office they would not even let us in the parking garage due to power outages and we were told that there were several windows blow out. The building was going to be closed on Monday and possibly on Tuesday also. On the other hand, my office has a lot of damage. I immediatly knew there was damage when we pulled up and I saw a Blackman Mooring truck at the front door. (They do fire and water damage restoration, and did our house after the fire) At first, I told Mike that the first floor probably flooded becasue the street floods everytime it rains. We went inside and I found a building maintance guy who told us that there was damage on every floor. The roof blew off and there was over a foot of water standing on the 11th floor (which is the top floor). My office is on the 6th floor and we had standing water is some of the offices, the ceiling colapsed is others. HR called me later and said that the building would be closed until further notice, but at least this week. I heard the President is looking for another place for us to office until we can get back into our office. Here are some of the pictures I took from the floor of my office building.
On our way home we discovered that some Home Depot were open. The one by our house had 2 truck loads of generators, so we decided to stand in line to buy one.
Mike is taking down the hurricane shutters after Hurricane Ike past.
This is our only way of cooking for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment