Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hurricane Update...

Gustav completely missed us!! We did not even get a drop of rain!! All the hard work Mike did putting up the shutters and they were not even tested. That is ok, because the hardware is already in the house, so next time all we have to do is put the shutters on. It only takes about an hour to put them up and take them down.

We were very lucky this time, but there are more storms lining up in the Atlantic. I don't think Hanna will be any threat to us. Computer models show Ike entering the Gulf of Mexico some time next week, and Josephine does not look like it will be a threat. In reality, both of these storms are to far out for anyone to predict when and where they will go. We will keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I love the blog!!!! Nice pictures, I like to see Mike doing work around the house the doesn't involve a computer. also thank you for changing your setting so I can leave message!!!!!!

Bill

Anonymous said...

W00T! I am glad that you haven't had any problems with the storms or anything else. I spoke to Mike tonight (got cutoff) and he spoke to me about the prep. Glad to see everything is going well.

-Dug